We're different to other energy companies. We're on a mission to change the face of the industry by standing up for customers and fighting on their behalf - challenging the status quo and making energy simpler, fairer and cheaper.
Let's face it, energy can be boring and confusing - so we're always looking for ways to make it simpler and more engaging. With a refreshing approach to new ideas and technologies we want to take the pain and hassle out of managing household energy. For us, it's all about providing market-leading service and a fairer deal for our customers.
We're the UK's largest independent energy provider, and we have big plans for the future.
Working as part of the Experience Design team, you'll help us create brilliantly simple, innovative and intuitive digital interactions that blend effortlessly with our customer's lives.
As part of the wider Digital team, you'll be working closely with our in-house Product Engineering and Product Management teams to create new ideas for our customer journeys, breaking down the traditional barriers and challenging the norms of the energy industry. You'll iterate and refine these ideas through sketching and wireframing before working on brilliantly intuitive designs that show what our customers will see.
Throughout the process, you'll be working closely with our engineers to build an industry leading customer interface, as part of a product team. You'll be taking insights from customer research, ethnographics, analytics and MVT testing to continually improve the commercial performance of the site and delight our customers. Working collaboratively with the rest of your product team, you'll be contributing to the roadmap for the product with your ideas, and pitching in with content strategy and testing to make sure we give our customers a great experience.
The energy market is evolving quickly, and we want to stand-out in a crowd. Consistency is really important, so not only will you need to know what good design looks like, you'll also need to have a great eye for detail. From time to time, we'll want you to lead workshops and meetings with senior stakeholders to gain feedback and showcase your work.
Maybe you're a Senior UX Designer or Senior Visual Designer working for a creative agency? Or a maybe you're in a similar role in-house? Either way, you'll be able to show us a portfolio of work that demonstrates your experience in digital product design and user experience.
We believe that Design and UX is about solving real customer problems, so you'll need to be naturally inquisitive. You'll have a passion for design and technology, and have your finger on the pulse of new digital trends. Making the energy market simpler for customers won't be easy, so you'll need to be tenacious and determined.
You'll also be able to show us that you:
- have worked as part of a team to create brilliant digital products
- know what agile development is, and have worked alongside agile teams to deliver market-leading experiences
- have created customer experiences for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- can present your ideas clearly and simply and with confidence
- can think rationally, using data and insight to break down problems in a methodical and logical way
- can defend your ideas when challenged, and explain your thinking clearly and concisely
- have experience of the usual array of Design/UX tools and software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Balsamiq, etc)
- are passionate about putting customers first
The desirable candidate will have
- Significant experience of designing industry-leading user experiences across desktop, tablet and mobile
- Currently working in either a UX/Design consulting or agency-side role, or as an in-house expert in this area
- A creative mind-set, with strong problem solving skills and a passion for User Centred Design
- Experience of working closely with agile development teams, and a good understanding of agile methodology and lean UX principles
- Able to work collaboratively with software engineers and product managers - acting as a bridge between these disciplines
- Ability to bring your ideas to life with stand-out designs, but equally comfortable creating quick wireframes and sketches for discussion with the team (using Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe XD, or good old pen and paper)
- Able to interpret brand guidelines to ensure the end experience reflects a consistent brand identity
- Comfortable presenting new ideas and concepts to senior stakeholders, and advocating the value of User Centered Design to the rest of the company
- Strong track record of creating customer journeys using customer insight and behavioural/analytics data (quantitative and qualitative)
- A clear communicator, with the ability to self-organise
- Able to provide examples of previous work (either commercial or personal)
- Experience of mentoring other team members and providing positive and objective feedback and design critique
- Experience of testing changes to digital experiences using MVT tools
- Knowledge of user-testing techniques, analysing the findings from user testing sessions and recommending practical improvements
- Experience with prototyping tools
- Understanding of commercial objectives and conversion rate optimisation
- Experience in developing content strategies
- Some knowledge of the consumer energy sector
- A degree in a HCI or design related discipline
- Ability to spend at least a day a week in our Warwick office when required
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you'll also enjoy 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension, option to purchase childcare vouchers, and become eligible for our staff energy tariff along with other great ad-hoc offers
We believe in putting energy into looking after our teams, so you'll benefit from BUPA Private Healthcare, cycle to work scheme, a great working environment with relaxation areas to recharge your batteries and free soft drinks available all day. We also have "Fruity Friday" where fresh fruit is available every week for all employees.
To apply please click the APPLY button.